Disassembling my Vuzix



A few years ago, my friends gave me an amazing present: a Vuzix eye-wear 310XL. This glasses simulate a 55 inch screen seen at 3 meters. This sounds huge, however is not to much. Today I decided to disassemble them in order to understand how it works and try to increase the "simulated" size of the screen.




Firstly I removed the earphones and separated the core was separated of the glasses. Then I looked for the key points to apply pressure and open the shell. I discovered a thin board that has a mcu.This mcu might receive the analog input of video and audio and send the images to the screens and the audio to the earphones. And also manage some signal from the controller as on/off, menu, etc...)



Under the board, there where only two tiny screens on two lens that amplify them to be seen larger while wearing the glasses.

Another detail is that there are two screws that are used to adjust the distance between the lens and the screens.



And that's all, it's very simple. I hope you have fun with the post!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario